Step into the realm of the videogame in a series of playful and immersive installations that will take you on a journey through new sonic landscapes and exciting kaleidoscopic worlds.
With its global premiere at ArtScience Museum Virtual Realms: Videogames Transformed pairs six of the world's most acclaimed videogame developers with six leading media design studios to create a series of large-scale, immersive installations. By moving videogames from the screen to the museum gallery this exhibition presents 21st century game design as a unique form of contemporary art.
Game developers at the centre of the exhibition are KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS (makers of the hit videogame DEATH STRANDING), Enhance (Tetsuya Mizuguchi and team behind Rez Infinite and Tetris Effect), thatgamecompany (authors of the meditative games Sky: Children of the Light and Journey), Tequila Works (the studio that made Deadlight and RiME), Media Molecule (makers of LittleBigPlanet and Dreams) and David OReilly (artist and creator of the games Everything and Mountain). Each developer has partnered with a different media artist or design studio including: Rhizomatiks, FIELD.IO, The Mill, Marshmallow Laser Feast, onedotzero and The Workers to create six new commissions each driven by a distinctive theme: SYNESTHESIA, UNITY, CONNECTION, PLAY, NARRATIVE, EVERYTHING.
Virtual Realms: Videogames Transformed is curated and organised by the Barbican, London with the celebrated game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi as guest-curator.
The exhibition is a co-production with ArtScience Museum, Singapore and Melbourne Museum and is made possible with the support of HP Inc., Vicon, Epic MegaGrants and London Symphony Orchestra.
Terms & Conditions
Please note that bookings involving the use of SingapoRediscovers Vouchers are non-refundable and non-resellable.
- SRV tickets to Virtual Realms: Videogames Transformed can be purchased from 12 June 2021 to 31 December 2021.
- SRV tickets to Virtual Realms: Videogames Transformed are valid daily, including Public Holidays.
- SRV tickets to Virtual Realms: Videogames Transformed are only valid for redemption on the selected date of visit.
- Child tickets are valid for individuals aged 2 to 17 years old.
- Concession tickets are valid for Senior Citizens (65 years old and above), Person with Disabilities (PWD) and Students
- Tickets may not be re-sold or re-distributed.
- No refund or exchange on unused tickets.
- Not applicable with other offers and promotions.
- Marina Bay Sands reserves the right to deny entry to visitors suspected of breach of Terms & Conditions of sale and entry.
- Marina Bay Sands reserves the right to make changes and modifications to the promotion without prior notice.
- Other Museum T&Cs apply